title

Foodie In Training

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cantuccio's!!

It's no secret to the people who know me...I LOVE pizza.  I could eat it every day if I could.  I've had a lot of great pizza in Sandusky (Cameo and Chet and Matt's are my favorite) and I love to make pizzas at home.  The pizza in Italy was amazing and my favorite place was just a short drive from our villa, called Cantuccio's.  Recommended by people we met staying at our villa, it was a true local pizza joint.   There menu was huge! It had so many pizza varieties it was hard to choose.
We went there twice, but here is a photo of my pizza from our second night at Cantuccio's- 

It didn't have any marinara sauce, just olive oil and garlic and herbs.  It had fresh and melted mozzarella, shaved Parmesan cheese, fresh arugula, and warmed cherry tomatoes. This combination of ingredients was heavenly.  The melted and fresh mozzarella combined with the salty bite of the Parmesan was soooo good and the warm cherry tomatoes were a great sweet surprise (I thought they were going to be cold). Even though there was no meat on the pizza, it was hearty! I could barely finish it.  Ryan had a simple prosciutto pizza which was also really good.

Cantuccio's has a special place in my Italy food memories, it was such a warm and family place that made us feel very welcome.  


1 comment:

Cookie~mom said...

Great pictures and content. Keep adding more as you have time. Some of the wedding day would be nice to see too! :) I know its a "food" blog... but just for "visual interest" :0)