title

Foodie In Training

Friday, November 2, 2007

Pizza night

So apparently it is National Blog Posting month so I'm going to try and post something every day in November, we'll see how that goes.
Last night Mo and I had dinner and I made a pizza. I used a store-bought wheat crust which makes things quick and easy. To start off, I lightly brushed the crust with olive oil, which is a trick I learned from my mom. Then I spread the sauce and for my sauce I use the jarred stuff (Classico, spicy tomato sauce) which I know isn't very "foodie"-like but it's quick and I think it has more flavor than the canned pizza sauces. I also like to add fresh herbs like basil or parsley to the sauce to brighten it up a bit. Tonight my toppings were onions, green peppers, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes and spinach. I also added some diced garlic. Before topping with cheese I like to add a little bit of salt and pepper and sometimes crushed red pepper. Then I topped all the veggies with a little bit of part-skim mozzarella cheese.
It was a tasty meal that was really quick and perfect with a glass of wine, which I might have drank to much of last night but that will have to be another post. :)

No comments: