title

Foodie In Training

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lunch in Paris

It is always great to go to lunch with friends and it's even better when it's at my favorite downtown restaurant! Cafe Paris on Garfield between Vine and Race streets is a cute and quaint restaurant with great sandwiches and salads. It really feels like you could be in a cafe in Paris. I usually get one of there Cafe Paris specialty's, the Cafe de Paris sandwich (which is what Mary had for lunch) which made with home-made chicken salad on a baguette with melted brie, tomato, sprouts and red peppers. But I wasn't sure if my jaw could handle a huge baguette so I opted for my second favorite, hummus plate with a side of pasta salad. The hummus is also homemade and they serve it on a large plate sprinkled with finely diced cucumber, onions and tomatos. Warm wheat pita bread is served on the side so I can dip! The pasta salad is made differently ever day, today it was tri-color pasta with chopped carrots, a sprinkle of feta cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing. Sometimes they add broccoli or cauliflower or tortellini's.
Hopefully my dinner is as good as my lunch. I think I'm on my own tonight so I'm making a pizza.

Au Revoir!

No comments: