title

Foodie In Training

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fish Dish

I made a really tasty and pretty healthy dinner for myself on Tuesday night. I got the recipe from a magazine and the instructions looked so easy I thought I'd give it a whirl. The meal literally took me 20 minutes. It is called Mustard Dill fish. I used catfish filets which is what the recipe called for, but I think any type of whitefish would do. The marinade was just dijon mustard, dill and olive oil. I'm sure you could spice it up even more by adding your own herbs and spices, which I plan to do next time. Usually for first time recipes I like to stick to it as much as I can (unless I don't have an ingredient and must substitute) and then add my own flair the next time.

In food television news, I have a new favorite show on the Food Network that I like. The Next Iron Chef. First of all, I love Alton Brown so anything with him as the host is bound to be good. The first episode was this week and I think it's going to be a good show! The first challenge was testing their skills, they had to de-bone a chicken, filet a salmon, and produce paper thin slices of daikon. I just love watching pro chefs and their knife skills and technique. My goal is life is to be a fast chopper. :) The show also increased my growing foodie knowledge, because I had no idea what daikon was. I just looked it up and it is a white radish commonly used in japanese cooking. So now you know too!

Also, there is a chef from Cleveland on the show...Michael Symon from Lola and Lolita, two restaurants I've been wanting to experience. Cleveland represent!

No comments: